What is Blue Apron Delivery? We’ll be answering that with two other questions: did you know that amateur chefs around the world usually wear blue aprons? Also, did you know that beginner cooks in the US order from Blue Apron Delivery? Actually, that’s exactly why the company decided upon this name. We’re here to tell about all the details regarding Blue Apron’s service.
From hours to fees, and to areas, and to all the info in between, you will found out exactly how you can order from Blue Apron. And then after you order from them, what to do with what you receive, because, of course, making meals for the first time is hard. Fortunately, Blue Apron have thought about this and offer a lot of advice on how exactly to work with what they deliver.
About Blue Apron Delivery
Blue Apron Delivery is a recipe delivery service. With their program, the company hopes to train the next generation of home cooks. The service is very similar to the one provided by Plated delivery (which we’ve also presented here). It features recipes (from which customers can choose). Then, the company perfectly portions the ingredients and ships them (along with a printed copy of the recipe) to the customer’s door.
The main advantage Blue Apron Delivery have over other recipe delivery services is that they send users only season-appropriate receipts. By doing that, their wish is to honor the longstanding tradition of seasonal meals. Plus, all their recipes are selected so as to not be too hard for beginner cooks, yet still be a challenge for experienced ones.
How can they do this? Well, by adding a lot of optional steps that can make sure a meal becomes a life experience to be shared with your family. If you order from Blue Apron, soon enough you will all be preparing their delicious foods in your kitchen. And that’s exactly what their aiming for: providing a healthy family experience. Healthy not only in that the food is good, but in that it will benefit the overall relationships between your loved ones.
Howe to Order from Blue Apron Delivery
There are two options if you want to order your meals from Blue Apron food delivery from now on: order online or order through the app. The following list contains the exact steps by which to do both.
Ordering through the Blue Apron Delivery Website
- Go to blueapron.com. The website will show users general details about the company and its delivery services: the basic caloric values for a single serving, the menu options, the type of recipes they serve, etc.
- Click on Sign Up. Signing up for the Blue Apron meal delivery service is different from other services (such as Plated) in that it doesn’t require a monthly subscription. For this service, you pay separately for every delivered meal, eliminating possible problems with users’ accounts.
- Enter email & ZIP code. This is where you verify that Blue Apron Delivery actually send their goodie-filled boxes to your little corner of the world. If you live on the continental US, chances are your will be receiving Blue Apron delivery packages. More about this in the Blue Apron delivery areas section below.
- Select meal preferences. Next up, users get to customize their meals to fit their needs. Lactose intolerant? They will send almond or soy milk. Allergic to nuts? No nuts for you! Allergic to gluten? We all know someone – they will send you gluten free products.
- Select meal program. There are two options available for the delivery of Blue Apron meals: for 2 people, or for a family.
- Select delivery options. The next step involves selecting the day of the week when you want your items to be delivered. After that, you should also indicate the exact time of delivery.
- The last step involves actually paying for your meals.
Ordering Through the Blue Apron Delivery App
- Download the app. The Blue Apron app is available for Apple devices (iPhone or iPad). Unfortunately, the service does not currently support Android or Windows mobile devices.
- Open the app. After installing the app, load it up.
- Follow the exact steps as above. Although this is not a typical browser app, the steps to take are exactly the ones above.
Blue Apron Delivery Areas
Blue Apron Delivery sends its packages throughout the contiguous US. This means all of the states of the US that are in the lower 48 zone. This excludes Alaska, Hawaii, and all other US island territories. To precisely pinpoint if Blue Apron delivers to your area, you should opt to sign up for their service. Upon entering your ZIP code, you will be told whether you are eligible for the service or not.
Blue Apron Delivery Hours
Blue Apron meal deliveries arrive according to a weekly schedule. When a customer places an order, he/she will see the order appear on his online Blue Apron account. There, they will be told the exact day in which the delivery will arrive. To see the exact hour, the customer should look at the weekly Blue Apron schedule.
Blue Apron packages can be left by your door or with a neighbor. The packs contain frozen gel packs that will keep the food fresh and cold – ready for you to prepare it.
Blue Apron Delivery Fees
There are no additional fees for Blue Apron deliveries. All delivery fees will be charged to your account when the online payment is processed.