Orient Express Delivery is the delivery service for the Chinese restaurant Orient Express. It works similarly to the delivery systems for many other Chinese takeout restaurants and is thus fairly easy to use. This guide will go into how to place an order for delivery online and on the phone.
Here you will also find information on delivery fees, delivery times, and general information about the Orient Express restaurants.
About Orient Express Delivery
Orient Express is a popular Asian Fusion restaurant. It serves primarily Chinese food. However, it also combines traditional Chinese plates with Japanese cuisine like sushi or sashami and Hibachi grilled food as well. The restaurants are known for their quick service and wide array of food.
Orient Express is in charge of their own delivery system. The restaurants have their own drivers who send out food. You can place an order for delivery online by calling the restaurant itself. Each restaurant has its own website and a simple google search of orient express [city name] will pull the site up. There you can find the restaurant’s number, exact location, and full menu. Otherwise, the Orient Express menu is available on menuism.
The restaurant also delivers through a number of third party websites if you would prefer to place your order online. These websites include the popular ordering site GrubHub. The service is also available through BringMeThat, which you can access easily through Menuism. All you need to do is to click a link to the Orient Express in your area.
Orient Express Delivery Areas
Orient Express offers delivery within a five mile radius of any of its locations. The Orient Express has restaurants in 20 states and one in France. The states and cities are as follows:
- Arkansas: North Little Rock, with two separate locations in Bentonville;
- California: Irvine, Los Angeles, Oceanside, San Jose, San Ramon, and West Covina;
- Colorado: Greeley;
- Georgia: Atlanta, Columbus, Conyers, and Hinesville;
- Hawaii: Honolulu;
- Indiana: Evansville;
- Kentucky: Georgetown;
- Maryland: Baltimore and Hanover;
- Massachusetts: Hyannis;
- Michigan: Clinton, Shelby;
- Minnesota: Minneapolis;
- Missouri: Joplin, Kansas City, and Web City;
- Montana: Whitefish;
- New York: Two separate locations in Nanuet;
- North Carolina: Charlotte;
- Pennsylvania: Philadelphia and Pittsburgh;
- Texas: Katy, Midland, San Antonio, Spring, and Sugar Land;
- Virginia: Chesapeake;
- Washington: Seattle;
- Wisconsin: Madison and Middleton.
The restaurant in France is located in Rhône-Alpes.
Orient Express Delivery Time
Delivery service is available during business hours, all seven days of the week. Typically speaking, Orient Express restaurants will close down their delivery service half an hour before closing. So, you must take care to put in your order before that deadline.
- Food arrival takes an average of forty five minutes but this time period can of course vary.
- Delivery times can be as short as half an hour however. They can also take up to an hour and a half.
- These varying delivery times are due to issues with weather, location, and traffic.
Orient Express Delivery Fees
Unfortunately for curious minds, the delivery fees for Orient Express Delivery vary store to store.
- Some charge as high as $4.50 for delivery.
- Meanwhile some stores, like the Orient Express in Baltimore, do not charge a fee at all.
- Typically, however, it seems a fee of around $2.00 is standard. This fee – or lack thereof – applies to that restaurant’s delivery whether the order was placed online or on the phone.
Additionally, if the order is made for delivery online, the order must come out to a certain cost. Again, this varies store to store. The majority of the Orient Express restaurants have a minimum of $10 for an online order. But some restaurants have a minimum of $15. Regardless, this total does not include tax or the possible delivery fee.
Orient Express restaurants are generally open:
- Monday – Thursday from 11 AM to 10 PM;
- Friday – Saturday from 11 AM to 11 PM;
- Sundays from 11 AM to 9:30 PM.
Dining hours vary restaurant to restaurant but by no more than half an hour. In addition to delivery services, Orient Express also offers catering which can be picked up at the restaurant nearest to you or delivered.
Even though the chain as a whole does not have a set site or set fees, the delivery fees are by and large somewhat similar. Additionally, each restaurant has the same menu. So, ordering is easy if you decide to go the online route. Each restaurant also promises a speedy delivery and averages around only a forty five minute wait.
Best of all, this lack of set fees allows some stores to charge very little for delivery, which means you could always throw in an extra egg roll or just save that money for another day. If you find the idea of hunting down the website daunting, there is a full list of locations that link to each restaurants website on the internet.